Picasa is more than a photo sharing site. It is your also your photo organizer. It also lets you edit your photos. To use the offline version, you can use the Picasa application. You can then backup these Picasa photos on Google. This functionality is called the Picasa Web. These photo uploads will also be backed up on Google Photos. You will be given 1 GB of storage space for your photos. Picasa Web is accessed through a website URL. It is usually denoted as your Picasa Web Albums. You can also see the recent uploads from your Google+ profile. To use this application, you would need a Google account.
Your Guide to Using Picasa Web:
- On your web browser, you should direct yourself to picasaweb.google.com.
- The Homepage for PicasaWeb Albums will load eventually,
- You can see that the entire Google feature can be also accessed there.
- These Features is accessible due to the appearance of the Google Menu bar. (This Google Menu bar is the blackened strip with a list of links).
- Google+ – This will open your Google+ newsfeed in a new Tab.
- Search – This will automatically load Google.com in a new Tab so you can search for things.
- Images – Open this Tab if you wish to search on Google Images.
- Maps – You can search for directions, nearest restaurants, coffee place, etc on Googe Maps.
- Play – This will load the Google Play Store in a new Tap. You can then download the latest game or application for your Android device there.
- Gmail – This will open your Gmail inbox.
- Drive – Access your Google Drive to upload and share files with other users.
- Calendar – Access all your saved Calendar events in one place.
- More – This will contain links for Translate, Books, Blogger, Photos, Docs & Even more Google services.
- Then comes the other functions of the Web Picasa.
- These functions – Home, My Photos, Explore and Upload are located next to the Picasa Web Albums icon.
- Home: You will all your Picasa web albums there. You can click on the Album’s thumbnail to access all your Picasa uploads.
- My Photos: You can view your Public Gallery and Unlisted Gallery from there.
- Explore: You can see the latest Popular Tags. You can add those Tags to your uploads.
- Upload: This function will let you upload photos in a new Picasa album or add to the existing Web Albums.
You can also sign out of your current Picasa account. Simply click on your Profile picture and out pops a menu below. You can also view your Google+ Profile from that Menu. Click on the Gear icon to access your Settings. From Settings, you can also check your remaining storage space.