Picasa application is a freeware that you can download for your PC. You can edit and organize your pictures from your PC. You can also import pictures from external sources. These pictures you import to Picasa also can get shared to your Google Photos. So easily create a Picasa album or organize your Picasa photos. One thing is you do not need the internet to do that. You will only need to sign into your Google Account aka Picasa account or the internet when you share.
How to Organize Photos in Picasa?
- Picasa will organize photos into folders or you can organize them into individual Picasa album.
- The folders in your application are same to your PC’s folders. So make sure you know that the changes you make will be the same.
- The albums you create on Picasa do not exist on your computer. So any changes to them will not affect the pictures on your computer.
- It will also group similar faces to create albums.
How to Create a Picasa Album?
- You can create an album in Picasa from different folders in your computer.
- Launch the Picasa application on your PC.
- Click on File > New Album… Or use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + N.
- Type in a name for your Album.
- Click on Ok to create a new album.
- You can now start dragging pictures into that,
- They can be from preexisting albums or your drive.
You can also move photos from different folders from Picasa. Just drag them from one destination to another. You can also do the same with a Picasa album. Just drag those photos across albums. You can then delete them from the album.
Organize Photos by Faces:
- Look on the left panel of the Picasa application.
- Under People, click on Unnamed People if it exists. Then, click on the pictures. Type in a name in the Add a name box.
- You will then see Albums labeled with their names.
- You can also delete the tag if you want. Just click on Remove.
This is what you can do on the Picasa application. You can also share the Picasa album to Google Photos or your Google+ Profile. Please leave us a feedback in the Comments section below.
Picasa is photo editing and organizing software. Picasa Web is the online site for Picasa. Basically, you can use Picasa online and offline. In order to upload photos, you have to sign in with a Google Account. Your uploads will eventually shared as Picasa Web Albums. You can then change the privacy of these albums. It will depend on whether you want to make it Private, closed groups or Public. You can also tag people with the Google+ profiles to make your photo sharing experience much better. You could also upload videos if you had wished to. These function has been cancelled somehow.
How To Create Picasa Web Albums:
- On the web browser, you should go to https://picasaweb.google.com/. The Google Login page for Picasa Web Albums will load.
- Type in your full Gmail address – firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the Next option or simply hit the Enter key.
- Type in your password in the next step.
- You can uncheck the box next to Stay signed in text. This will protect your login details from other users.
- Once you get logged in the Homepage will display all your previous web albums.
- Click on the Upload button and you will get directed to the ‘Upload Photos and Videos‘.
- Change the Album name by typing in an Album name in the field provided.
- Click the Select photos from your computer button. You should then select the Photos from your PC.
- Once you finish uploading, click on the blue Ok on the bottom.
- You will have successfully created a new Picasa web album.
- You can create more Picasa Web Albums by uploading more images.
To upload Pictures to your web albums from Picasa app, run the application. You should then sign into your Google Account.
- Go to File > Add Folder to Picasa..
- Your photos from that folder will get synced to Picasa app.
- There is a Upload to Google Photos button on the bottom.
- Go ahead and click that button.
- You should then toggle for Image size or leave it as it is.
- You can add an Optional message in the field provided.
- Go ahead select the Google+ Circles you wish to share the photos with.
- Hence, click on the Upload button.
- You will be asked to Confirm your Upload, do so by clicking on the Upload button once again.
- It will eventually take some time to upload.
Picasa Web Albums do work but it works without the support from Google. It means that use of your Picasa might not be protected by Google’s interests. So you can use Picasa at your own risk. Your Picasa Web Albums will also appear in the new Google Photos.