Picasa application is a freeware that you can download for your PC. You can edit and organize your pictures from your PC. You can also import pictures from external sources. These pictures you import to Picasa also can get shared to your Google Photos. So easily create a Picasa album or organize your Picasa photos. One thing is you do not need the internet to do that. You will only need to sign into your Google Account aka Picasa account or the internet when you share.
How to Organize Photos in Picasa?
- Picasa will organize photos into folders or you can organize them into individual Picasa album.
- The folders in your application are same to your PC’s folders. So make sure you know that the changes you make will be the same.
- The albums you create on Picasa do not exist on your computer. So any changes to them will not affect the pictures on your computer.
- It will also group similar faces to create albums.
How to Create a Picasa Album?
- You can create an album in Picasa from different folders in your computer.
- Launch the Picasa application on your PC.
- Click on File > New Album… Or use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + N.
- Type in a name for your Album.
- Click on Ok to create a new album.
- You can now start dragging pictures into that,
- They can be from preexisting albums or your drive.
You can also move photos from different folders from Picasa. Just drag them from one destination to another. You can also do the same with a Picasa album. Just drag those photos across albums. You can then delete them from the album.
Organize Photos by Faces:
- Look on the left panel of the Picasa application.
- Under People, click on Unnamed People if it exists. Then, click on the pictures. Type in a name in the Add a name box.
- You will then see Albums labeled with their names.
- You can also delete the tag if you want. Just click on Remove.
This is what you can do on the Picasa application. You can also share the Picasa album to Google Photos or your Google+ Profile. Please leave us a feedback in the Comments section below.