Picasa was Google’s photo sharing application. It was developed by Lifescape. Then in 2004, it was acquired by Google. Google then discontinued their support towards Picasa since March, 2016. It has been focused now on Google Photos. Picasa Web login is still possible as it does show you the uploads you made with Picasa. However, the feature Picasa Web Albums is no longer in use. Below, we will show you how to view the Picasa Web uploads you made. Picasa lets you host upto 2 GB of photos to its site. You can also edit the pictures with basic editing tools.
How to Login to Picasa Web Login:
- On your web browser, open a New Tab. It will make referencing to this article easier.
- Then, go to picasaweb.google.com.
- You will be asked to sign into your Google account.
- Enter your username or your full @gmail.com email address.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- After that, type in your Password.
- Untick the box next to Stay signed in. This will protect your Google login details.
- Then, click the Sign in button.
- This is how you make your Picasa Web login.
Before June, 2016, you would have been directed to the Picasa Web Albums page. Now you only get directed to the Picasa Album Archive. There are some features to note about the Picasa Web Login to Album Archive.
- You will be able to see all the uploads you made with Picasa. This could have been done before and after the discontinuation.
- You can also see all your Google+ photos.
- Your Google profile pictures will also be shown.
- Images from Google Hangouts will also be shown.
- In the More Options, you can access the Settings.
- There, you can change the settings of your Album Archives. You can enable or disable the resharing, downloading of your photos and videos. You can also enable or disable the photos & videos from your Google drive to be shown.
Please remember you can still use the Picasa application to upload and share photos. This pictures will be shown in the album archives. Although, you should access it on Google Photos to edit it. You can also login to Picasa Web login on your mobile’s web browser.