A great way to backup all those pictures is using Google Photos. The latest feature has made it better. You can now store unlimited photos and videos. It is as long as pictures are under 16 Megapixels and videos are under 1080 p HD. Don’t go losing pictures now with the Google Photos backup. It is easier as it can be automated. You can download the application. It is available for mobile devices and also the desktop. The desktop application however does not have a lot of features. It only is good for backups. The mobile app for Google Photos is great in many ways.
How to Get Started with Google Photos Backup on Mobile?
- Make sure you downloaded the Google Photos app.
- You can find it in Play Store for Android users. For Apple users, go to the App Store.
- It is free to download for everyone.
- Then, launch the application on your mobile devices.
- You should be asked to sign in if you are new user.
- Similarly, the Google Login window will appear.
- So, type in your Gmail address or just your username. Click on Next.
- After that, type in your password. Then, tap on the blue Sign in button.
- You will get logged in.
- Then, go on and tap on Assistant icon. This is on the left bottom of your screen.
- If you are new, the Google Photos backup will automatically be turned on.
- If not, click on the Gear icon next to Back up & sync is off.
- The Back up & sync page will load.
- So toggle it On. A blue colour is an indication.
You can also backup your pictures from your desktop. You can either use your web browser. Or use the desktop application for Google Photos. It can be easily downloaded from the web.
How to Use Google Photos Backup on Desktop Application?
- Make sure the desktop application is compatible with your PC.
- Then, launch the application on your PC.
- Then click on the Backup option.
- You will also be able to store the backup from external sources as well.
Make sure you upload pictures below 16 Megapixels. And that videos are under 1080 p HD. Those with bigger resolutions and video qualities are counted against your Google Drive space.
- You can also go to photos.google.com to backup your pictures.
- This will also allow you to backup photos from your PC.
- Upload it into Albums.
- Then, share them to your Google+ profile.
- Or share it to your Facebook or Twitter account.
This is how you can utilise Google Photos Backup. Make sure to give us your feedbacks in the Comments section.