Google Photos is a platform created by Google Inc. It was developed to take over Picasa. Since May 2016, Picasa is no longer functional. Its desktop application however still works. You can even share it to Google+ profile. These uploads will also appear on Google Photos. Then, from there, you can share to other platforms as well. This is known the Google Photos sharing. You can share from your PC or from the mobile app. There is no limitations as to how many photos you share from Google Photos. Google Photos’ storage also does not have any limits as long as you restrict photos to 16 Megapixels and videos to 1080 HD.
Google Photos Sharing from PC:
- Go to photos.google.com on your browser.
- Then, if you are not signed in, the Google Photos page will load.
- Click on the blue GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button.
- The Google Login page will load then.
- Type in your Gmail address. Then, click the Next button.
- After that, type in your Password. Click the Sign in button next.
- You will get logged into your Google Photos account.
- Locate the photo(s) you wish to share. Remember, you can share several photos from Google Photos at once.
- Then, hover your mouse over your photo.
- The Tick mark symbol (✓) should appear. Hence, click here.
- If you wish to share the whole album, hover over the Album name.
- A blue banner will appear on the top of your browser’s screen.
- Click the Share icon on that banner.
- You can then use Google Photos sharing to share to other social media accounts.
- Just click the either the Google+, Facebook or Twitter icon.
- You can also add a Caption for that share.
The above is how you can share from Google Photos to other platforms. You can also use its mobile app to share photos. Just make sure you have downloaded it from Play Store or the App Store. Then, launch the Google Photos app.
Google Photos Sharing on the Google Photos Mobile App:
- You must be first signed into your Google account. Or the app will automatically detect that for you.
- Then, when the app loads, click on the Albums icon on the bottom.
- You will be shown Albums you might have already uploaded.
- Click on the Album’s thumbnail.
- Then, the Album will load.
- On the right top corner, you will see the Share icon.
- Tap on that.
- You will be given an array of platforms to share those Google Photos upload to.
- You can even share with an existing contact or a new contact on your phone.
This is how Google Photos sharing is great. You can always share it privately with friends if you are sharing to Social platform.