Google Photos is a great way to store all your images online. The great thing is you can store unlimited photos. That is only if you follow Google’s guidelines on that. Those are that your pictures must be all under 16 Megapixels. You can also store unlimited videos having less than 1080 HD resolution. You can make sure you never go against these guidelines. Just go to Settings > Back up & Sync > Upload size > High Quality. Possibly after dozens of uploads, you can lose track. So use the Google Photos Search function to find that exact image. You must know that there isn’t much difference to your original images being uploaded.
How to Use the Google Photos Search Function in Your Web Browser?
- On your opened browser, go to photos.google.com.
- Click on the GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button when the page loads. This button is located in the middle of your page.
- The Sign in – Google Accounts page will load.
- So enter your Google Photos login details.
- Start by typing your full Gmail address and click on Next.
- Now, type in Password and click on Sign in.
- You should then see the Google Photos Search bar on the top of your screen.
- This only happens when you are signed in.
- Hence, make sure you have the correct login details.
- Click on the bar and start typing. Sometimes Google Photos will suggest for you as well.
- If you are searching for Cats’ photos, then type that in and press the Enter key.
- All the existing images of cats will appear.
- So remember what you wish to search before you continue.
- You can also search by dates if you wish. Or landmarks, locations.
- Google Photos automatically detects the pictures which is the amazing feat.
The above is how you can search for images on your browser. You can also use the mobile app to upload pictures. So if you only have your mobile near you, you can use the search function in the mobile app.
How to Use Google Photos Search Function in the Google Photos App?
- Launch the Google Photos app on your mobile.
- You do not need to sign in.
- However, if you use multiple accounts, make sure you are using the right account.
- For that, click on the Menu icon. This icon is three lines on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the down arrow next to your username.
- There will appear a list of all your other usernames.
- Click on the one you wish to use.
- Then, tap on the Google Photos Search bar.
- Now, start typing in what you wish to search.
- It will then show the results.