You can basically edit, organize and upload photos from Picasa. You will need to download and install the Picasa app to edit and organize. These uploads you make will appear in Picasa Web album. Picasa is often compared to other image uploading sites like Flickr and Photobucket. You will need to link Picasa online and the Picasa app for the creation of these web albums. An offline use of the program will let users see your Picasa album online. To start using it, you must sign in to your Google account. You should easily be able to remove or delete photos from your Picasa Web album. Or you can delete one or more image from the album.
Features of the Picasa Web Album:
- As a user, you will upload photos from supported web browsers.
- Or you can upload from the Picasa desktop application.
- For Mac user, you can use Exporter for iPhoto.
- Linux users will use the F-Spot to upload images.
- Although a smaller resolution will be displayed, your photos will maintain original resolutions.
- If you have a private Picasa Web album, it will have unlisted number urls.
- The album and files will only be searchable by you.
- Or you can share those albums to only those you wish to.
- A Picasa account is free although to get more storage space, you can be a paid subscriber.
- If you have a free account, Ads will be shown when you log in.
- You will get free storage space of 1 GB for your Picasa Web Album.
- You can upgrade storage with plans available up to 30 TB costing US$299.99 per month.
- Although Google has ended its service, users can still use Picasa.
- This service however will not be supported by Google.
- You can use Google Photos instead if you wish.
- For users who still prefer Picasa can use picasaweb.google.com.
- For use on desktop, you can use the Picasa application.
You would not need to use the desktop application if you wish to use this feature. However, it will help in organizing and editing your photos before uploading. Picasa Web is the online version of Picasa. You can then also find the uploads you made with your Google Account. From your Picasa Web Album, you can also change your name and Profile Pic.