Picasa was Google’s most beloved photo sharing application. It allowed you to post and share your images from Picasa Web. Your Picasa photos would appear as a post on your Google+ account. Google+ is a social networking for Google users. You could set the privacy of your photos whether it was for Public viewing or private viewing. Since May, 2016, the Picasa services has been dead. This is because Google wanted to focus on Google Photos. This is because in over a year of its release, it reached 200 million active users. It is because users trusted that their photos will remain safe.
Features of Google Photos:
- You can upload photos and videos.
- The storage is limitless if you upload pictures under 16 megapixels. Videos should be of 1080 p resolution.
- For bigger megapixels and resolutions of pictures and videos, they will be counted against your Google Drive’s storage space.
- You can also download the Google Photos app for your mobiles. It is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Images you uploaded will be automatically categorised by Google. It can also determine the location of your images by recognizable landmarks.
- Without downloading the app, receipents of shared images can view those uploads.
- You can also link your other social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter. This way, the uploads will also be shared there.
- You can make animations out of your videos and pictures.
- There is also face recognition so you can easily tag people on your uploads.
Basically for a free storage system that is limitless, Google Photos are a marvel. However, photographers might find it a burden. They can also upgrade the Google Drive storage if they exceed the limit. You can also get the Assitant which will let you know when the download is finished. Make sure you have a Google Account to use this.