Picasa was Google’s photo sharing application. It was developed by Lifescape. Then in 2004, it was acquired by Google. Google then discontinued their support towards Picasa since March, 2016. It has been focused now on Google Photos. Picasa Web login is still possible as it does show you the uploads you made with Picasa. However, the feature Picasa Web Albums is no longer in use. Below, we will show you how to view the Picasa Web uploads you made. Picasa lets you host upto 2 GB of photos to its site. You can also edit the pictures with basic editing tools.
How to Login to Picasa Web Login:
- On your web browser, open a New Tab. It will make referencing to this article easier.
- Then, go to picasaweb.google.com.
- You will be asked to sign into your Google account.
- Enter your username or your full @gmail.com email address.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- After that, type in your Password.
- Untick the box next to Stay signed in. This will protect your Google login details.
- Then, click the Sign in button.
- This is how you make your Picasa Web login.
Before June, 2016, you would have been directed to the Picasa Web Albums page. Now you only get directed to the Picasa Album Archive. There are some features to note about the Picasa Web Login to Album Archive.
- You will be able to see all the uploads you made with Picasa. This could have been done before and after the discontinuation.
- You can also see all your Google+ photos.
- Your Google profile pictures will also be shown.
- Images from Google Hangouts will also be shown.
- In the More Options, you can access the Settings.
- There, you can change the settings of your Album Archives. You can enable or disable the resharing, downloading of your photos and videos. You can also enable or disable the photos & videos from your Google drive to be shown.
Please remember you can still use the Picasa application to upload and share photos. This pictures will be shown in the album archives. Although, you should access it on Google Photos to edit it. You can also login to Picasa Web login on your mobile’s web browser.
Picasa is more than a photo sharing site. It is your also your photo organizer. It also lets you edit your photos. To use the offline version, you can use the Picasa application. You can then backup these Picasa photos on Google. This functionality is called the Picasa Web. These photo uploads will also be backed up on Google Photos. You will be given 1 GB of storage space for your photos. Picasa Web is accessed through a website URL. It is usually denoted as your Picasa Web Albums. You can also see the recent uploads from your Google+ profile. To use this application, you would need a Google account.
Your Guide to Using Picasa Web:
- On your web browser, you should direct yourself to picasaweb.google.com.
- The Homepage for PicasaWeb Albums will load eventually,
- You can see that the entire Google feature can be also accessed there.
- These Features is accessible due to the appearance of the Google Menu bar. (This Google Menu bar is the blackened strip with a list of links).
- Google+ – This will open your Google+ newsfeed in a new Tab.
- Search – This will automatically load Google.com in a new Tab so you can search for things.
- Images – Open this Tab if you wish to search on Google Images.
- Maps – You can search for directions, nearest restaurants, coffee place, etc on Googe Maps.
- Play – This will load the Google Play Store in a new Tap. You can then download the latest game or application for your Android device there.
- Gmail – This will open your Gmail inbox.
- Drive – Access your Google Drive to upload and share files with other users.
- Calendar – Access all your saved Calendar events in one place.
- More – This will contain links for Translate, Books, Blogger, Photos, Docs & Even more Google services.
- Then comes the other functions of the Web Picasa.
- These functions – Home, My Photos, Explore and Upload are located next to the Picasa Web Albums icon.
- Home: You will all your Picasa web albums there. You can click on the Album’s thumbnail to access all your Picasa uploads.
- My Photos: You can view your Public Gallery and Unlisted Gallery from there.
- Explore: You can see the latest Popular Tags. You can add those Tags to your uploads.
- Upload: This function will let you upload photos in a new Picasa album or add to the existing Web Albums.
You can also sign out of your current Picasa account. Simply click on your Profile picture and out pops a menu below. You can also view your Google+ Profile from that Menu. Click on the Gear icon to access your Settings. From Settings, you can also check your remaining storage space.