Picasa is photo editing and organizing software. Picasa Web is the online site for Picasa. Basically, you can use Picasa online and offline. In order to upload photos, you have to sign in with a Google Account. Your uploads will eventually shared as Picasa Web Albums. You can then change the privacy of these albums. It will depend on whether you want to make it Private, closed groups or Public. You can also tag people with the Google+ profiles to make your photo sharing experience much better. You could also upload videos if you had wished to. These function has been cancelled somehow.
How To Create Picasa Web Albums:
- On the web browser, you should go to https://picasaweb.google.com/. The Google Login page for Picasa Web Albums will load.
- Type in your full Gmail address – firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the Next option or simply hit the Enter key.
- Type in your password in the next step.
- You can uncheck the box next to Stay signed in text. This will protect your login details from other users.
- Once you get logged in the Homepage will display all your previous web albums.
- Click on the Upload button and you will get directed to the ‘Upload Photos and Videos‘.
- Change the Album name by typing in an Album name in the field provided.
- Click the Select photos from your computer button. You should then select the Photos from your PC.
- Once you finish uploading, click on the blue Ok on the bottom.
- You will have successfully created a new Picasa web album.
- You can create more Picasa Web Albums by uploading more images.
To upload Pictures to your web albums from Picasa app, run the application. You should then sign into your Google Account.
- Go to File > Add Folder to Picasa..
- Your photos from that folder will get synced to Picasa app.
- There is a Upload to Google Photos button on the bottom.
- Go ahead and click that button.
- You should then toggle for Image size or leave it as it is.
- You can add an Optional message in the field provided.
- Go ahead select the Google+ Circles you wish to share the photos with.
- Hence, click on the Upload button.
- You will be asked to Confirm your Upload, do so by clicking on the Upload button once again.
- It will eventually take some time to upload.
Picasa Web Albums do work but it works without the support from Google. It means that use of your Picasa might not be protected by Google’s interests. So you can use Picasa at your own risk. Your Picasa Web Albums will also appear in the new Google Photos.