Picasa is an software for image organization, etc developed by Idealab and later acquired by Google. It was acquired by the technological giant – Google Inc in 2004. It is a complete freeware that everyone can use. It also comes as a desktop application which will basically help to oraginze your images. Picasa sign up is not necessary if you just wish to use the application. To upload photos to Picasa, you must sign in with your Google Account. The upload of your images can be through the desktop app or web browser. To use the Picasa app, you must have Windows 7 and above. For Mac users, Mac OS X and above.
How To Sign Up For Picasa:
- If you are using Picasa for the first time, Picasa sign up is necessary. So, on your browser go to the url – picasa.google.com.
- Go ahead and click on the ‘Create account‘ link. You must know you must have a Google account to use Picasa.
- In the first step, enter your First and Last name respectively.
- Second step – type in a username you like.
- If that username is not available, you should type in another one.
- Or you can choose one of that is suggested by Google.
- Third – create and type in a unique password which you can remember. Retype that password in the field below to confirm your password.
- Fourth step – your birthday details will need to be provided by you.
- You can select the Month of your birthday from the drop down list.
- Proceed to enter your day and year of your birthday.
- Fifth step – select your Gender from the drop list below the Gender heading.
- You can select between Male or Female or Other if you do not want to specify.
- Sixth step – you will need to enter your current mobile number.
- Seventh step – you can leave this field blank but it is better not to.
- This will work in your favour if you lose the mobile number you provided in your Picasa sign up.
- Eighth step – type in the number in the field provided by looking at the code in the image.
- Ninth step – Again Google will automatically locate you but if it is wrong, manually select your country of current residence.
- The Create your Google Account step is the first procedure for your Picasa sign up.
- Hence, click on the Next step button on the bottom to continue on.
- You will be asked to upload a Profile and cover photo. You will also be asked to provide details about yourself as well.
- You can skip the above two steps but if you wish to personalise your Picasa sign up, you can provide those things.
On the desktop application, it is the same procedure. Click on the Picasa sign in button if there is one. Then, go ahead and create a new Picasa Google account by Picasa sign up steps.