Picasa application is a freeware that you can download for your PC. You can edit and organize your pictures from your PC. You can also import pictures from external sources. These pictures you import to Picasa also can get shared to your Google Photos. So easily create a Picasa album or organize your Picasa photos. One thing is you do not need the internet to do that. You will only need to sign into your Google Account aka Picasa account or the internet when you share.
How to Organize Photos in Picasa?
- Picasa will organize photos into folders or you can organize them into individual Picasa album.
- The folders in your application are same to your PC’s folders. So make sure you know that the changes you make will be the same.
- The albums you create on Picasa do not exist on your computer. So any changes to them will not affect the pictures on your computer.
- It will also group similar faces to create albums.
How to Create a Picasa Album?
- You can create an album in Picasa from different folders in your computer.
- Launch the Picasa application on your PC.
- Click on File > New Album… Or use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + N.
- Type in a name for your Album.
- Click on Ok to create a new album.
- You can now start dragging pictures into that,
- They can be from preexisting albums or your drive.
You can also move photos from different folders from Picasa. Just drag them from one destination to another. You can also do the same with a Picasa album. Just drag those photos across albums. You can then delete them from the album.
Organize Photos by Faces:
- Look on the left panel of the Picasa application.
- Under People, click on Unnamed People if it exists. Then, click on the pictures. Type in a name in the Add a name box.
- You will then see Albums labeled with their names.
- You can also delete the tag if you want. Just click on Remove.
This is what you can do on the Picasa application. You can also share the Picasa album to Google Photos or your Google+ Profile. Please leave us a feedback in the Comments section below.
Picasa was Google’s most beloved photo sharing application. It allowed you to post and share your images from Picasa Web. Your Picasa photos would appear as a post on your Google+ account. Google+ is a social networking for Google users. You could set the privacy of your photos whether it was for Public viewing or private viewing. Since May, 2016, the Picasa services has been dead. This is because Google wanted to focus on Google Photos. This is because in over a year of its release, it reached 200 million active users. It is because users trusted that their photos will remain safe.
Features of Google Photos:
- You can upload photos and videos.
- The storage is limitless if you upload pictures under 16 megapixels. Videos should be of 1080 p resolution.
- For bigger megapixels and resolutions of pictures and videos, they will be counted against your Google Drive’s storage space.
- You can also download the Google Photos app for your mobiles. It is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Images you uploaded will be automatically categorised by Google. It can also determine the location of your images by recognizable landmarks.
- Without downloading the app, receipents of shared images can view those uploads.
- You can also link your other social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter. This way, the uploads will also be shared there.
- You can make animations out of your videos and pictures.
- There is also face recognition so you can easily tag people on your uploads.
Basically for a free storage system that is limitless, Google Photos are a marvel. However, photographers might find it a burden. They can also upgrade the Google Drive storage if they exceed the limit. You can also get the Assitant which will let you know when the download is finished. Make sure you have a Google Account to use this.
Google is an internet company that has been a revolutionary in the tech world. It has a lot of affiliated websites that allows users to use their Google aka Gmail account to login. You can also create the Google+ profile which is a social media account. You also have the ability to share and upload pictures to Google. These pictures can be made public or just to people in your circle. Or you can simply upload and store on the cloud server – Google Drive. To share the photos you can use their own applications like Picasa and Google Photo.
How To Upload Pictures to Google Photos Using Picasa Application:
- Make sure you have the Picasa application on your PC.
- You can easily download it from filehippo.com.
- Launch the application on your PC.
- You will see the Sign in with Google Account link on the top right corner.
- Click that and the Log in to Google window will pop up.
- Now, type in your Gmail address and click on Next.
- Next step will require you to type in your password. Finally, click the Sign in button.
- If those pictures are not in your Picasa application, do the following.
- Click the Import button on the top.
- From the Import from: click the down arrow next to it.
- Click the folder… text on when the Menu appears.
- Locate and Select the album from your PC.
- After the Album get uploaded, select it on the Picasa application.
- You will see the Upload button next to the Album’s name.
- Click on it and the Upload to Google Photos… window will pop up.
- So, click the green Upload button to upload pictures to Google.
- The Upload Manager will show you when it is completed.
- You can click on View Online to see your uploads.
This is how you can upload pictures to Google photos from Picasa. It is a great way to upload and share photos this way. On the web browser, you can go to photos.google.com. This is the same as using Picasa Web. Below we will show you how you can add pictures to Google Images.
How to Upload Pictures to Google Images:
- On your web browser, go to images.google.com.
- Click the Camera icon on the Search navigation bar.
- A Menu will appear.
- Click on the Upload an image tab.
- Click on the Choose File button to start your upload.
- Select and upload the file from your PC.
- When the image gets upload, Google will automatically categorise it.
Please leave us a feedback in the Comments section. You can also leave us questions if you have them. For other Picasa related articles, please refer to our site.