Picasa is an application for editing photos and uploading on Google Photos. If you are constantly scared of losing your photos, you need not fret. You can always upload to Google Photos. Google Photos now gives you unlimited storage. There is a stipulation that you need to restrict your photos to 16 Megapixels. Videos need to be of 1800 p HD resolution as well. For Mac users, download the Picasa for Mac application. You can download Google Photos app but it is not an organizing tool like Picasa is. Albums can also be created on Picasa so that it looks better.
How To Download Picasa for Mac?
- On your web browser, click Download Picasa for Mac link.
- We have provided you the link so that it is easier. It will also load in a new tab.
- Then, when the page load, look for the Download text. This is below the Picasa heading.
- A popup will appear asking you to sign in.
- Create an account if you like. Or click on No thanks, take me to my download link.
- It will direct you to a new page. There, the Picasa Installer.dmg file will start downloading.
- Click on its icon from the Downloads menu.
- It will then start to verify.
- Then, the Drag Icon into windows will appear.
- Thus, start dragging the Picasa application icon into the Applications folder.
- It will then start to copy and install to your Mac.
Once your download of Picasa for Mac is completed, you can drag its icon to the Dock station. This way you can easily access. Or leave it as it is if you don’t want to overcrowd your Dock station. It works perfectly with iPhoto as well.
Systems Requirements for Picasa for Mac:
- Your Mac desktop or laptop must be running OS X 10.5 or later.
- There needs to be at least 200 MB of free space.
- Also, make sure you have a Google account to sign in.
For your image editing and organizing, Picasa is a great tool. This is a software application that you can download for free. You can use it on Windows, Mac and Linux. It requires Windows 7 & above, Mac OS X & above. With this software, you can also upload your photos to Google Photos. You would require an internet connection and a Google account. After uploading, you can set the viewing privacy of your photos. You can set is Private where only you can view them. Or set them to Public or only to some viewers by choosing your preference. Make sure you do not violate the rules and regulations. You will violate those rules if you post graphic or nude pictures.
How To Download and Install Picasa For Your PC:
- To start Picasa download, make sure you have the requirements to use it.
- You can go to google.com, bing.com or any other such sites.
- Then, in the Search bar, type in Picasa download.
- If you use Mac or Linux, type in download Picasa for Mac/Linux.
- Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- An array of results will appear for you to pick.
- If not, you can click on this link – picasa.en.softonic.com/.
- Or this other link – http://filehippo.com/download_picasa/.
- Both these two sites are secure so do not worry about security details.
- Click on the Download link or button that is available.
- The file size of this Picasa download will be less than 20 MB.
- It will take you to finish Picasa download file in less than 10 minutes.
- Once, you finish downloading it, run the .exe (executable) file by clicking on it.
- It will ask you to choose which Folder you wish to install it to.
- For e.g; it might look like C:/Program Files/Picasa.
- If you have little knowledge, just go with the automated generated File Path.
- You might also be asked if you would like to create a Shortcut in Windows Menu and Desktop.
- Agree to do it because it will make access to Picasa easy for you.
- The installation will take some time so make you do not switch off your PC.
- Once, it is installed, click on its Shortcut icon to run it.
- Start by uploading your pictures to the Picasa app.
- You can then choose to upload it to Google Photos.
- That requires an internet connection and a Google Sign in,
Your Picasa download is then completed. You can start organizing and editing your images. Set the Privacy if you do not want Public to view your photos.