The Picasa Web was google’s photo hosting website. Today, the service is discontinued and it has been taken over by Google Photos. The Picasa web can be located at picasaweb.google.com. This is pretty much an Album Archive for Google users now. You can however still use the Picasa application to its full extent. You can also upload to Google Photos from the application. Users can also use the Picasa Create feature on the application. Then, they can share or save it on their PC. You can also email individual photos from the Picasa application to family and friends.
How to Create in Picasa Application:
First, you will need to launch the Picasa application on your PC. This can be located by clicking on its shortcut. This shortcut can be located on the Startup Menu or your Desktop. Make sure the pictures you wish to use on Picasa Create are on the Picasa Application. If not go to File, choose to Add Folder to Picasa or Add File to Picasa. Or you can Import From Picasa or Import from Google Photos. Make sure the files appear in the Picasa Application. Then, Select by clicking on the Album name in Picasa application.
- To Create a Poster: Click on Create and on the Menu, click on Make a Poster. Select the Poster size from 200%, 300%, 400%, 500%, 600%, 700%, 800%, 900% or 1000%. Next, select the Paper size between 10×15 or 20×25. If you want the pictures to overlap, tick the box next to Overlap Tiles. You can save that or share it to your Google Photos.
- To Create a Picture Collage: Click on Create and click Picture Collage. Then, you can change the Background of your collage to a Solid colour. Or select Use Image and it will pick any random image to make its background. Then, select the Page Format or you can choose the Custom Aspect Ratios or set your own. Then, choose to Draw Shadows and Show Captions. You can now set the Collage to be your Desktop Background or simply save by clicking Create Collage.
- To Create a Screensaver: Click the Picasa Create button. Then, click the Add to Screensaver. Click on Yes to make it your PC’s screensaver.
- To Create a Gift CD: Make sure that you have a Writeable CD in your CD-Rom Drive. You then add more images. Name the Gift CD if you want. You can also Include Slideshow or Include Picasa to your Gift CD. Click the Burn Disc button and you are ready to burn that CD. Make sure you do not open the CD-Rom drive while burning your CD drive.
- To Create a Video: Click the Picasa Create button. Then hover your mouse over Video in the Create Menu. You can make videos in three methods. You can make it From Selection, From Faces in Selection or From People Albums.
- With this Picasa Create feature, you can also publish to your Blogger Account. Make sure you have an active Blogger account. Then, click the Publish to Blogger and your pictures will be published to your blog.
This Picasa Feature is great for using the creative side of the Picasa application. You can also do so much more on the Picasa application. You refer to our Picasa Application Download article to get help on downloading that application.