Picasa is a photo sharing application. You can also share your photos to Google photos. Or you can share to your Google+ profile with that. Simple photo editing can also be done on the application. You could also manage your photos from the application. You can also sync Picasa web albums from this app. It can be done across different devices. Picasa Uploader is an Android based application. You can directly upload photos to your Picasa account from there. It will then will appear on your Google Photos account as well. You need to download and install it first.
How to Download & Install Picasa Uploader?
- Launch the Google Play Store app. You can find it on your Home Screen or in the Apps drawer.
- Type in Picasa Uploader in the Search navigational bar.
- Tap the Enter function which usually is an inclined magnifying glass.
- Then, the results will display and click on the app’s rectangular box.
- Then. in the download page, tap on INSTALL.
- When a pop-up window appears, tap on ACCEPT.
- It will begin to start downloading.
- It will also automatically install on it own.
Now, this is just one of the many Android App for Picasa. You can also download and use the Picasa Android App. You must make sure you have the required requirements to use these apps. The great way of knowing is when Picasa Uploader does not appear on your Google Play Store search. Do not attempt to download its apk file separately for it might not work anyways.
How to Sign In Using Picasa Uploader?
- Launch the app by tapping on its icon.
- Then, tap on the Sign in button. Make sure you have a working Google Account.
- The Picasa login page on the Picasa uploader will appear.
- Type in your full Google ID that is your Gmail email account.
- Then, type in your Password. Make sure you do not make any mistakes on typing in the password. Do not misuse the lower or upper case letters.
- Then, tap on the blue Sign in button.
You will then be able to view your Picasa Web Albums from there. You can remove your photos from your Picasa web albums from there.
Picasa was a great way to share your photos. However, with Google Photos, its Picasa Web Albums are no longer in use. Except, I still feel that the Picasa application is still a great tool. You can still upload and share to your Google Photos and Google+ profile. A good feature is the Picasa backup feature on the application. You can create backups on a CD or DVD or on external or network drives. You cam only backup Picasa files like photos and videos you have uploaded on the Picasa application.
How to Create Picasa Backup on CD or DVD.
- Run the Picasa application on your PC.
- You do not need to sign in to your Picasa account for that. However, just in case, sign in and use this Picasa login steps article if you are confused.
- Then, click on the Tools option.
- A drop down list will appear.
- Click the Back Up Pictures… text.
- The Backup your photos page will appear on your application.
- Select the Picasa Web Albums you wish to backup.
- If you wish to customise the Picasa backup, click the Edit Set in the 1 Create a set or use an existing one area.
- Type in a name you wish to label the backup CD or DVD.
- Then, insert a writeable CD or DVD into your DVD Rom drive.
- Then, click the Burn button.
- Make sure you do not eject the CD or DVD while the backup is being created.
- The application will show you when the process is completed so be patient.
You can also use the backup feature on Picasa to create backups on an external drive. Make sure you have plugged it in. Then, make sure your desktop or Laptop is able to read it.
How to Create Picasa Backup on External or Network Drive:
- Likewise, open and run the Picasa application.
- Click on the Tools option and then the Back Up Pictures… text.
- In the 1 Create a set or use an existing one section, click on New Set.
- Type in a name for your Picasa backup.
- Tick next to Disk-to-disk backup (for external and network drives).
- Click on Choose… button which is right below the above text.
- Then, locate the location of your External drive or Network drive.
- When you have selected the Location, click on the OK button.
- Finally, click the Burn button and the Backup will be created.
- Similarly, don’t reject the external drive or stop the Picasa application.
To restore the Picasa backup, put the CD, DVD or external drive on your desktop or PC. Then, run the PicasaRestore.exe file. This will then create new folders and files on your PC from that backup. For network drivers, you will need to locate the location of the file and restore from there. This works best if you have shared networks over desktops and laptops.
Picasa lets you share your images online. You will basically be storing your pictures to the Google server. Much of the Picasa feature is a Photo lover’s paradise. You can also download the Picasa application for your desktop. You can store, organize, edit, create and share from that application. For mobile users, you have the Picasa Android App known as Picasa Mobile. There are also other similar apps. However, we will focus on this app for this article. This app is a freeware just like its desktop application. You will need a Google account to use it.
How to Download the Picasa Android App – Picasa Mobile:
- We would recommend you to open this article on your Android mobile phone.
- Then, go to the Picasa Download link we have given. We are doing this as Google Play Store does not display the App.
- You should see the Click here to Download button.
- It is a 1.56 MB file so it would not take much to download.
- Then, open the downloaded apk file. If your phone prevents you from installing, go to Settings. Then, Allow non-Market installations of Apps.
- Then, the Picasa Andriod app – Picasa mobile will get installed.
- Launch the app by clicking on its icon.
Picasa mobile will then allow you to use Picasa functions on your Android mobile. You can also add to your Picasa photos from the Picasa android app.
How to Use Picasa Mobile on Your Phone:
- First, tap on the Accounts.
- Then, click the + sign on the top right corner.
- You can add a lot of Accounts from there.
- You should know your signed in Google Account will appear automatically on the Picasa android app.
- Tap on Online Albums and you will see all your Picasa uploads.
- To add, tap on the + sign.
- Then, type in a Title and a Description.
- Choose whether you want its Visibility to be Private or Public.
- Tap on the ✓ sign on the top right corner.
- Tap on Local Media to view your phone’s Gallery.
- You can Upload one or all from there. This will upload to Picasa Web from the Picasa android app.
- You can choose to show All or those that are Not uploaded.
- You can also Sort, Delete or Scan from there.
- Click on Camera to take new photos. This will get stored to your Picasa mobile album archives.
- Then, the Settings will allow you on how you want this app to work.
- Help is when you need help regarding this app.
- About is the explanation of the purpose of this app.
Picasa is one such Android app for Picasa users. You can also use the Picasa Tool Picasa Android app. Click the link to find out how you can use that app. For feedbacks and comments and queries, you can post in the Comments section.