We have already specified that Picasa has moved to Google Photos. It is because Picasa Web Albums has been rendered useless as Google Photos is preferred. However, you can still very much use the Picasa application. The photos you share from that application will appear in Google Photos. Google Photos login can also be accessed from the web browser. Or you can download its app. The app runs on both Android and iOS devices. Tagged users can also view those shared photos from the web browser. You will get unlimited storage space if you limit photos to 16 megapixels and 1080 p video resolution.
How To Login to Google Photos:
- Open a New tab on your web browser.
- Go to the address – photos.google.com.
- Click the Sign In button on the top left corner of the screen.
- You will see the Google Photos Login page. This is the same as logging into your Google account.
- Hence, type in your Gmail or Google email address. You can also just type in your username.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Then, type in your password. Untick the box next to Keep me signed in to protect Google Photos login details.
- Click the Sign in button.
- You will get to the Google Photos web url.
From there, you can upload more photos. Or you can store all your mobile’s photos there. It will serve as a backup. You can then share these pictures to the Public or selected few. Just tag those selected fews in those uploads so that they can view them.
You can also upload to Google photos with using this website. You can upload it from Picasa application on your desktop. The only bad thing is you wouldn’t not be able to tag people with their Google+ profiles from there.
How to Reset Password for Google Photos Login:
- Do this step only if you cannot get logged in. This is the same as recovering login details for your Gmail login.
- On the Google Photos login page, click the Forgot password? link.
- You will be asked to type in a old password.
- If you cannot remember, click on Try a different question.
- You might be asked to type in your recovery phone number or email address. Type that in.
- Click on Send Text Message or Send Email button. This depends on what your recovery option is.
- You will then need to enter that Code. Click on Next.
- You will then be asked to enter a new password. Type in the same password in the box below.
- Click the Reset Password button.
- You can then start using your Google Photos with this new login details.