Google Photos is a platform created by Google Inc. It was developed to take over Picasa. Since May 2016, Picasa is no longer functional. Its desktop application however still works. You can even share it to Google+ profile. These uploads will also appear on Google Photos. Then, from there, you can share to other platforms as well. This is known the Google Photos sharing. You can share from your PC or from the mobile app. There is no limitations as to how many photos you share from Google Photos. Google Photos’ storage also does not have any limits as long as you restrict photos to 16 Megapixels and videos to 1080 HD.
Google Photos Sharing from PC:
- Go to photos.google.com on your browser.
- Then, if you are not signed in, the Google Photos page will load.
- Click on the blue GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button.
- The Google Login page will load then.
- Type in your Gmail address. Then, click the Next button.
- After that, type in your Password. Click the Sign in button next.
- You will get logged into your Google Photos account.
- Locate the photo(s) you wish to share. Remember, you can share several photos from Google Photos at once.
- Then, hover your mouse over your photo.
- The Tick mark symbol (✓) should appear. Hence, click here.
- If you wish to share the whole album, hover over the Album name.
- A blue banner will appear on the top of your browser’s screen.
- Click the Share icon on that banner.
- You can then use Google Photos sharing to share to other social media accounts.
- Just click the either the Google+, Facebook or Twitter icon.
- You can also add a Caption for that share.
The above is how you can share from Google Photos to other platforms. You can also use its mobile app to share photos. Just make sure you have downloaded it from Play Store or the App Store. Then, launch the Google Photos app.
Google Photos Sharing on the Google Photos Mobile App:
- You must be first signed into your Google account. Or the app will automatically detect that for you.
- Then, when the app loads, click on the Albums icon on the bottom.
- You will be shown Albums you might have already uploaded.
- Click on the Album’s thumbnail.
- Then, the Album will load.
- On the right top corner, you will see the Share icon.
- Tap on that.
- You will be given an array of platforms to share those Google Photos upload to.
- You can even share with an existing contact or a new contact on your phone.
This is how Google Photos sharing is great. You can always share it privately with friends if you are sharing to Social platform.
Google Photos is now Google’s photo sharing platform. It has since taken over Picasa and is immensely popular among users. It is also a backing up platform for videos and images. The storage provided for users is limitless. It remains limitless as long as users limit pictures to 16 Megapixels and videos to 1080 p HD. You can also upload pictures from your Mobile. You can download and use the Google Photos app. For users who wants to upload higher definition images and videos than the mentioned can do so. However, those uploads will be counted against their Google Drive space.
How to Download Google Photos App for Android Devices:
- Launch the Play Store on your device by tapping on its icon. The icon can be on your Home screen or look in your Apps drawer.
- In the Search bar, type in Google Photos.
- A drag down list will appear.
- You can see the Google Photos app on the top of that list.
- Tap on it on the list.
- The download page opens.
- Now tap on INSTALL.
- When the Google Photos need access to window appears, tap on ACCEPT.
- It will start downloading the app.
- The time of download and install will depend on your internet speed.
- Click CONFIRM in the App’s Permissions window.
- To launch the app, tap on OPEN in the Play Store.
- Click on the blue DONE button to start using the application on your mobile.
You can also download this application on your iPhone and iPad. Just follow the instructions below.
How to Download Google Photos App on iPhone or iPad:
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Type in Google Photos in the Search bar. Tap on the Enter function.
- When the results list appears, click on Google Photos.
- The download page containing its information will appear.
- Click the Get+ button.
- It will start downloading and installing the app.
- After it finishes, you can start using the app.
Now, if the Google Photos does not appear when you search it, it probably means your phone is outdated. No amount of forced installation will let the app run on your mobile devices. If you do not have the app on your mobile, simply go to photos.google.com. You can also download it for your PC.
How to Download Google Photos App on Your PC:
- Go to photos.google.com/apps on a New tab.
- Click the white DOWNLOAD button.
- The gpauto_setup.exe file will start downloading.
- Click on that once it finishes downloading.
- When the Open File -Security Warning window opens, click on Run.
- In the License Agreement window, click on I Agree.
- It will start installing the Google Photos application on your PC.
- When the completed sign appears, click Close.
- On the Google Photos backup window, click Continue.
- You can skip the Start backup part if you don’t wish to backup right now.
This is how you can use the Google Photos backup app on your PC. This is not the same as using it for editing, organising and sharing like the Picasa software. You can refer to our Picasa download information for help. Then, refer to other articles related to Picasa.
Picasa was Google’s most beloved photo sharing application. It allowed you to post and share your images from Picasa Web. Your Picasa photos would appear as a post on your Google+ account. Google+ is a social networking for Google users. You could set the privacy of your photos whether it was for Public viewing or private viewing. Since May, 2016, the Picasa services has been dead. This is because Google wanted to focus on Google Photos. This is because in over a year of its release, it reached 200 million active users. It is because users trusted that their photos will remain safe.
Features of Google Photos:
- You can upload photos and videos.
- The storage is limitless if you upload pictures under 16 megapixels. Videos should be of 1080 p resolution.
- For bigger megapixels and resolutions of pictures and videos, they will be counted against your Google Drive’s storage space.
- You can also download the Google Photos app for your mobiles. It is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Images you uploaded will be automatically categorised by Google. It can also determine the location of your images by recognizable landmarks.
- Without downloading the app, receipents of shared images can view those uploads.
- You can also link your other social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter. This way, the uploads will also be shared there.
- You can make animations out of your videos and pictures.
- There is also face recognition so you can easily tag people on your uploads.
Basically for a free storage system that is limitless, Google Photos are a marvel. However, photographers might find it a burden. They can also upgrade the Google Drive storage if they exceed the limit. You can also get the Assitant which will let you know when the download is finished. Make sure you have a Google Account to use this.