Google Photos is a great way to store all your images online. The great thing is you can store unlimited photos. That is only if you follow Google’s guidelines on that. Those are that your pictures must be all under 16 Megapixels. You can also store unlimited videos having less than 1080 HD resolution. You can make sure you never go against these guidelines. Just go to Settings > Back up & Sync > Upload size > High Quality. Possibly after dozens of uploads, you can lose track. So use the Google Photos Search function to find that exact image. You must know that there isn’t much difference to your original images being uploaded.
How to Use the Google Photos Search Function in Your Web Browser?
- On your opened browser, go to photos.google.com.
- Click on the GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button when the page loads. This button is located in the middle of your page.
- The Sign in – Google Accounts page will load.
- So enter your Google Photos login details.
- Start by typing your full Gmail address and click on Next.
- Now, type in Password and click on Sign in.
- You should then see the Google Photos Search bar on the top of your screen.
- This only happens when you are signed in.
- Hence, make sure you have the correct login details.
- Click on the bar and start typing. Sometimes Google Photos will suggest for you as well.
- If you are searching for Cats’ photos, then type that in and press the Enter key.
- All the existing images of cats will appear.
- So remember what you wish to search before you continue.
- You can also search by dates if you wish. Or landmarks, locations.
- Google Photos automatically detects the pictures which is the amazing feat.
The above is how you can search for images on your browser. You can also use the mobile app to upload pictures. So if you only have your mobile near you, you can use the search function in the mobile app.
How to Use Google Photos Search Function in the Google Photos App?
- Launch the Google Photos app on your mobile.
- You do not need to sign in.
- However, if you use multiple accounts, make sure you are using the right account.
- For that, click on the Menu icon. This icon is three lines on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the down arrow next to your username.
- There will appear a list of all your other usernames.
- Click on the one you wish to use.
- Then, tap on the Google Photos Search bar.
- Now, start typing in what you wish to search.
- It will then show the results.
Picasa has been taken over by Google Photos. Google Photos is more popular than its predecessor – Picasa. Although, you can still use the Picasa desktop application. You can use it to upload photos to Google Photos. This way you can upload photos to Google Photos more organised. One can also share that update to Google+. Google+ is a social media networking platform like Facebook. Users can follow each other, create groups and pages like all social media networks. Of course, there are also other methods rather than using Picasa application.
How to Upload Photos to Google Photos Using Picasa Application on Desktop?
- Launch the Picasa application on your PC.
- Then, look to the right corner of your browser. You will see the Sign in with Google Account option.
- Click on that and the Google Login window will pop up.
- So login with your Google aka Gmail account.
- You can upload the pre-existing albums to Google Photos. Or add an entirely new Album.
- To do so, click on the File on the top left corner.
- Click on New Album when a Menu appears.
- Type in your Album name and click on OK. Or simply press the Enter key when you are done typing.
- Then, locate the pictures on your PC.
- Start dragging them into the Album on the Picasa application. It will show when the uploads to the Application is finished.
- Click on Back to Library button on the top left corner.
- Then, highlight the Album by clicking on the Album name.
- Next, click the green Upload to Google Photos button on the mid bottom.
- The Upload to Google Photos and Optionally Share to Google+ Window will appear. So click on Upload button there.
- Now, you have officially shared photos to Google Photos from Picasa.
The other method is to use the web browser on your desktop. You would have to use the Google Photos official website for this.
How to Upload Photos to Google Photos From The Web Browser?
- Type in photos.google.com in the address bar of your web browser.
- Press the Enter key to load the page.
- Click on the blue GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button.
- So sign into your Google Account.
- Then, your Google Photos page will load.
- Click on the UPLOAD option on the top right corner.
- Locate your images on your PC.
- You can upload several images at once so highlight as many as you want. Then, click on Open.
- The Upload size option will pop up. Hence, select between the two choices given. Now, click on Continue.
- After that, the (-) items uploaded window will pop up.
- You can now click on ADD TO ALBUM or SHARED ALBUM. Or simply just ignore it.
You can also share photos to Google Photos from your mobile phones. Make sure you have downloaded the app for your smartphones first. It is free to download.
How to Upload Photos to Google Photos From Your Mobile?
- Launch the Google Photos app.
- Then, sign into your Google account if you have not.
- Next, select the images you wish to upload by tapping on their thumbnails.
- After that, the Share icon will appear on top. So click on that.
- You can add those images to a New Shared album or Add to shared album.
- The other options you see are not for uploading to Google Photos. You can use any if the above is not your intention.
- The Uploading sign will appear.
- If it is a new album, type in a name. Next, tap on Done.
The above are the methods on how to upload photos to Google Photos. Please refer for more Picasa and Google Photos related articles. Please leave us a feedback so we can continue to serve as an online community. Or leave us your queries and we will be happy to help if we can.
A great way to backup all those pictures is using Google Photos. The latest feature has made it better. You can now store unlimited photos and videos. It is as long as pictures are under 16 Megapixels and videos are under 1080 p HD. Don’t go losing pictures now with the Google Photos backup. It is easier as it can be automated. You can download the application. It is available for mobile devices and also the desktop. The desktop application however does not have a lot of features. It only is good for backups. The mobile app for Google Photos is great in many ways.
How to Get Started with Google Photos Backup on Mobile?
- Make sure you downloaded the Google Photos app.
- You can find it in Play Store for Android users. For Apple users, go to the App Store.
- It is free to download for everyone.
- Then, launch the application on your mobile devices.
- You should be asked to sign in if you are new user.
- Similarly, the Google Login window will appear.
- So, type in your Gmail address or just your username. Click on Next.
- After that, type in your password. Then, tap on the blue Sign in button.
- You will get logged in.
- Then, go on and tap on Assistant icon. This is on the left bottom of your screen.
- If you are new, the Google Photos backup will automatically be turned on.
- If not, click on the Gear icon next to Back up & sync is off.
- The Back up & sync page will load.
- So toggle it On. A blue colour is an indication.
You can also backup your pictures from your desktop. You can either use your web browser. Or use the desktop application for Google Photos. It can be easily downloaded from the web.
How to Use Google Photos Backup on Desktop Application?
- Make sure the desktop application is compatible with your PC.
- Then, launch the application on your PC.
- Then click on the Backup option.
- You will also be able to store the backup from external sources as well.
Make sure you upload pictures below 16 Megapixels. And that videos are under 1080 p HD. Those with bigger resolutions and video qualities are counted against your Google Drive space.
- You can also go to photos.google.com to backup your pictures.
- This will also allow you to backup photos from your PC.
- Upload it into Albums.
- Then, share them to your Google+ profile.
- Or share it to your Facebook or Twitter account.
This is how you can utilise Google Photos Backup. Make sure to give us your feedbacks in the Comments section.