Google Photos is a photo storing service developed by Google Inc. You can also share photos with Google Photos. This works wells on the web, Android and iOS devices. They give unlimited storage for all users as long as the images are under 16 Megapixels. You can even upload and store unlimited videos under 1080 HD. Basically, it is good mind for people who are scared of losing pictures. The Google Photos iOS is also a blessing for people with Apple devices. They are the ones who know for sure that no amount of storage is ever enough.
How to Download Google Photos App for iOS Devices?
- Launch the App Store on your Apple device. They work on iPhones and iPads.
- Type in Google Photos in the Search Navigation bar.
- A list of results should appear.
- Click on Google Photos – free photo and video storage.
- Click on Install+ and the app will start downloading.
- Once, the Google Photos iOS app finishes installing, you can use it.
- Start uploading your photos to the storage system online.
You will need a working connection. You can upload any amount of photos. For that, you have to allow the compression of your photos to 16 Megapixels. This is for pictures having resolutions bigger than that. Also, if you decide to upload the original resoultion that is greater than 16 Megapixels, it will count against your Google Drive space. This space is only limited to 15 GB. Below. we will show you how to backup your photos.
How to Backup Your Photos from Apple Device Using Google Photos iOS App?
- Now launch the app on your device.
- Sign in with your Google account. I.e; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to Settings by tapping on its icon. This can be accessed by tapping on the three horizonatal lines icon which will open up a Menu where Settings is at.
- Tap to enable Backup & sync.
- You can set it to automatic so that it backs up your pictures automatically.
- You would not even have to worry if you accidentally delete that image.
- You can set Upload Size to Original.
- However, Apple devices take bigger resolutions than 16 Megapixels.
- So, you can choose the High Quality option instead. Compressing the image resolution wouldn’t affect it that much.
- This way you can upload as much photos as you want.
- Do not turn off your device during backup. Or even end the Google Photos iOS app. Make sure your internet connection also does not get interuppted.
Now, you can edit your images. Then, you can also share them in social media accounts. Using this Google Photos iOS app, you can also share via messages. This is by sharing the link of those picture.