Google Photos is a great way to upload and store your photos online. There is a desktop app. There is also the mobile app. This way you can store all your images online. You will never have to worry about losing any photos again with Google photos. Google Photos update happen on every once in a while. You should update the app to get the latest feature as well. This app also helps you to edit your pictures as well. It replaced Picasa and is the only known Google product for its photo purposes. Below, we will show you how updating is a benefit.
How to Update the Google Photos App on Android Mobile?
- Launch the Play Store on your Android Device.
- Tap on the Menu option in the left corner when the Play Store loads.
- Tap on My apps & games option in that Menu.
- You will be shown the list of Apps you have on your device.
- Scroll down until you see Google Photos.
- Then, tap on UPDATE option. Then, again tap on UPDATE.
- When the Google also needs access to window appears, tap on ACCEPT.
- The Google Photos update will start.
- When it finishes updating, you can start using it.
This update can sometimes be automatic. If not, you can always update it manually if you have turned off automatic updates.
How to Update Google Photos App in iOS Device?
- Go to App Store.
- Then, go to the Updates tab on your App Store.
- Locate the Google photos app on the Updates list
- Tap on UPDATE button in the app column.
- Then, you will need to type in the password of your Apple ID.
- Next, the Google Photos update will start.
- You can then use the app when it finishes updating.
Now, there is also the Google Photos app for your PC. The steps to update is not complicated. It is as easy as it is shown above. Below, is how you can update the app on your PC.
Google Photos Update on Your PC:
- Go to photos.google.com/apps.
- Then, click on the white DOWNLOAD button.
- The setup file will start downloading, so click on its .exe file after it finishes.
- You need to click on Run when the Open File – Security Warning window opens.
- Click on I Agree when the License Agreement appears.
- The application will start installing.
- Although you may have the application installed, this makes sure you have the latest version.
- Hence, start backing up photos when yoy are done.
Always get the latest Google Photos update to get all the best features.
If you want to upload and share photos, there are lots of photo sharing websites. They let you create accounts for free on their website. Picasa was also one of the many sites. Today, it has migrated to the service – Google Photos. If you had a Picasa account, you might still be able to access the Picasa web album. It can be accessed as an album archive on the web. However, you might also want to delete Picasa web album. The reason might be that you do not wish to use the service anymore.
How to Login to Picasa Web Album:
- Go to the web address – picasaweb.google.com.
- Next, you will be required to log into your Google Account.
- Type in your Gmail address or the username.
- Click on Next to continue.
- Type in your password. Untick the box next to Keep me signed in.
- Click the blue Sign In to login. Or you can simply press the Enter key.
- Now then, you should open a new tab and go to photos.google.com.
- Then, you are ready to delete Picasa web album.
I suggested going to Picasa Web so that you will know what album you really want to delete from there. After that, decide which album you want to delete.
How to Delete Picasa Web Album:
- So you are now signed into both Picasa Web and Google Photos.
- On the left panel, you will see the Albums icon.
- Click on it to view all your Albums.
- Then, click on the Album’s thumbnail.
- This will open up your Picasa web album.
- On the top right corner, click the More options icon.
- A drag down menu will appear.
- So, click the Delete album to delete Picasa web album.
This is what you should do to delete Picasa web album you don’t need. You cannot delete from Picasa web so make sure you sign into Google Photos first. You can also still use the Picasa application to share photos to Google Photos. Or you can use the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Run the Picasa application.
- Then, sign into your Google account on the application.
- Then, locate the Album on the application.
- There is a Upload button next to the Album name. You need to click the down button to reveal more options.
- Click on the Delete Online Album on that Menu.
The above is how you can also delete Picasa web album from the Picasa application. You obviously also need an internet connection to use that function. You can refer to our Picasa application download article if you wish to use this application on your PC.
Picasa is the photo sharing site that was affiliated with the Google brand. However, you can still use its application. You will not be able to access your Picasa Web Albums like we stated in earlier articles. Users may be able to access Picasa Web as an Album Archive. This will redirect after you sign into the picasaweb,google.com address. Users cannot also sign up to use Picasa web albums either. Your past Picasa photos will also automatically appear in Google Photos. This article will focus on how to delete Picasa Photos. This may be because you wish to concentrate on and use the Google Photos app.
How To Delete Picasa Photos:
You could have plenty of reasons for deleting Picasa photos. You could be migrating to Google Photos for good. Or you feel like the photo is too embarrassing to keep it online. No matter the reason. we will show you how to delete Picasa photos.
- Go to the web address – picasaweb,google.com on a New Tab.
- You will ask to asked to login.
- Hence, enter your Google login details.
- First, type in your email address and click on Next.
- Next, type in your password.
- Do not tick the box next to Keep me signed in text. This will protect your login details from misuse.
- Then, click the Sign In button.
- You will get directed to the Google Album Archive of your previous Picasa uploads.
- You cannot delete individual pictures from there.
How To Delete Picasa Web Album:
- You however can delete an entire Picasa Web Album. Just click on its thumbnail.
- The Album will load.
- You should then click the More Options icon which is on the top right corner of your screen.
- A drop menu will appear.
- Click the Delete album option.
- You will then delete the entire web album.
How to Delete Picasa Photos from Google Photos:
- For on how to delete Picasa photos individually, open the album.
- Click on More options icon on the top right corner.
- On the drag down menu, click the Manage in Google Photos option.
- The Album will appear in automated new Tab on the site on the Google Photos web url.
- Open up the photo you wish you delete from the Album.
- Then on the top right corner, click the More Options button.
- A drag down menu will appear so click on Remove from the album.
- That particular photo will get deleted from the album.
- You will also be able to see the change on Picasa web albums.
This is how to delete Picasa photos from your web browser. You can also leave the photos as they are. This is only for users who used to previously used Picasa. New users will find that the Picasa web albums function no longer exists.