Google Photos is a great way to store all your images online. The great thing is you can store unlimited photos. That is only if you follow Google’s guidelines on that. Those are that your pictures must be all under 16 Megapixels. You can also store unlimited videos having less than 1080 HD resolution. You can make sure you never go against these guidelines. Just go to Settings > Back up & Sync > Upload size > High Quality. Possibly after dozens of uploads, you can lose track. So use the Google Photos Search function to find that exact image. You must know that there isn’t much difference to your original images being uploaded.
How to Use the Google Photos Search Function in Your Web Browser?
- On your opened browser, go to photos.google.com.
- Click on the GO TO GOOGLE PHOTOS button when the page loads. This button is located in the middle of your page.
- The Sign in – Google Accounts page will load.
- So enter your Google Photos login details.
- Start by typing your full Gmail address and click on Next.
- Now, type in Password and click on Sign in.
- You should then see the Google Photos Search bar on the top of your screen.
- This only happens when you are signed in.
- Hence, make sure you have the correct login details.
- Click on the bar and start typing. Sometimes Google Photos will suggest for you as well.
- If you are searching for Cats’ photos, then type that in and press the Enter key.
- All the existing images of cats will appear.
- So remember what you wish to search before you continue.
- You can also search by dates if you wish. Or landmarks, locations.
- Google Photos automatically detects the pictures which is the amazing feat.
The above is how you can search for images on your browser. You can also use the mobile app to upload pictures. So if you only have your mobile near you, you can use the search function in the mobile app.
How to Use Google Photos Search Function in the Google Photos App?
- Launch the Google Photos app on your mobile.
- You do not need to sign in.
- However, if you use multiple accounts, make sure you are using the right account.
- For that, click on the Menu icon. This icon is three lines on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the down arrow next to your username.
- There will appear a list of all your other usernames.
- Click on the one you wish to use.
- Then, tap on the Google Photos Search bar.
- Now, start typing in what you wish to search.
- It will then show the results.
Google Photos is a photo storing service developed by Google Inc. You can also share photos with Google Photos. This works wells on the web, Android and iOS devices. They give unlimited storage for all users as long as the images are under 16 Megapixels. You can even upload and store unlimited videos under 1080 HD. Basically, it is good mind for people who are scared of losing pictures. The Google Photos iOS is also a blessing for people with Apple devices. They are the ones who know for sure that no amount of storage is ever enough.
How to Download Google Photos App for iOS Devices?
- Launch the App Store on your Apple device. They work on iPhones and iPads.
- Type in Google Photos in the Search Navigation bar.
- A list of results should appear.
- Click on Google Photos – free photo and video storage.
- Click on Install+ and the app will start downloading.
- Once, the Google Photos iOS app finishes installing, you can use it.
- Start uploading your photos to the storage system online.
You will need a working connection. You can upload any amount of photos. For that, you have to allow the compression of your photos to 16 Megapixels. This is for pictures having resolutions bigger than that. Also, if you decide to upload the original resoultion that is greater than 16 Megapixels, it will count against your Google Drive space. This space is only limited to 15 GB. Below. we will show you how to backup your photos.
How to Backup Your Photos from Apple Device Using Google Photos iOS App?
- Now launch the app on your device.
- Sign in with your Google account. I.e; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to Settings by tapping on its icon. This can be accessed by tapping on the three horizonatal lines icon which will open up a Menu where Settings is at.
- Tap to enable Backup & sync.
- You can set it to automatic so that it backs up your pictures automatically.
- You would not even have to worry if you accidentally delete that image.
- You can set Upload Size to Original.
- However, Apple devices take bigger resolutions than 16 Megapixels.
- So, you can choose the High Quality option instead. Compressing the image resolution wouldn’t affect it that much.
- This way you can upload as much photos as you want.
- Do not turn off your device during backup. Or even end the Google Photos iOS app. Make sure your internet connection also does not get interuppted.
Now, you can edit your images. Then, you can also share them in social media accounts. Using this Google Photos iOS app, you can also share via messages. This is by sharing the link of those picture.
Google Photos is a great way to upload and store your photos online. There is a desktop app. There is also the mobile app. This way you can store all your images online. You will never have to worry about losing any photos again with Google photos. Google Photos update happen on every once in a while. You should update the app to get the latest feature as well. This app also helps you to edit your pictures as well. It replaced Picasa and is the only known Google product for its photo purposes. Below, we will show you how updating is a benefit.
How to Update the Google Photos App on Android Mobile?
- Launch the Play Store on your Android Device.
- Tap on the Menu option in the left corner when the Play Store loads.
- Tap on My apps & games option in that Menu.
- You will be shown the list of Apps you have on your device.
- Scroll down until you see Google Photos.
- Then, tap on UPDATE option. Then, again tap on UPDATE.
- When the Google also needs access to window appears, tap on ACCEPT.
- The Google Photos update will start.
- When it finishes updating, you can start using it.
This update can sometimes be automatic. If not, you can always update it manually if you have turned off automatic updates.
How to Update Google Photos App in iOS Device?
- Go to App Store.
- Then, go to the Updates tab on your App Store.
- Locate the Google photos app on the Updates list
- Tap on UPDATE button in the app column.
- Then, you will need to type in the password of your Apple ID.
- Next, the Google Photos update will start.
- You can then use the app when it finishes updating.
Now, there is also the Google Photos app for your PC. The steps to update is not complicated. It is as easy as it is shown above. Below, is how you can update the app on your PC.
Google Photos Update on Your PC:
- Go to photos.google.com/apps.
- Then, click on the white DOWNLOAD button.
- The setup file will start downloading, so click on its .exe file after it finishes.
- You need to click on Run when the Open File – Security Warning window opens.
- Click on I Agree when the License Agreement appears.
- The application will start installing.
- Although you may have the application installed, this makes sure you have the latest version.
- Hence, start backing up photos when yoy are done.
Always get the latest Google Photos update to get all the best features.